Back

Carriages

ABL1

50 seat steel body and frame passenger carriage.

Type Bogie passenger carriage
Builder Tasmanian Governement Railways
Year 1953
ABL2

50 seat steel body and frame passenger carriage.

Type Bogie passenger carriage
Builder Waddingtons, NSW
Year 1945
ACS2

ACS2

Built for Tasmanian Government Railways and used on main line express passenger trains, withdrawn in 1978. Sold to Hillwood Strawberry Farm in 1979. Leased to Tasmanian Locomotive Coy. Pty. Ltd. in 1986 and returned to service. Purchased by DVR in 1992.

Type Articulated bogie passenger carriage
Builder Tasmanian Government Railways
Year 1955
ACS3

ACS3

Built for Tasmanian Government Railways and used on main line express passenger trains, withdrawn in 1978. Sold to Hillwood Strawberry Farm in 1979. Leased to Tasmanian Locomotive Coy. Pty. Ltd. in 1986 and returned to service. Purchased by DVR in 1992.

Type Articulated bogie passenger carriage
Builder Tasmanian Government Railways
Year 1956
ACS4

ACS4

Built for Tasmanian Government Railways and used on main line express passenger trains, withdrawn in 1978. Sold in 1979 to J. & M. Meehan who formed Tasmanian Rail Tours in 1983 and returned to service. Purchased by Tasmanian Locomotive Coy. Pty. Ltd. in 1986. Sold to DVR in 1992.

Type Articulated bogie passenger carriage
Builder Tasmanian Government Railways
Year 1958
DB14

DB14

Built for Tasmanian Government Railways on an under-frame built in 1887 and used as a general guards van. Withdrawn in 1983. Purchased in 1991 by DVR and stored.

Type Bogie composite guards van
Builder Tasmanian Governement Railways
Year 1928
DB17

DB17

Built for Tasmanian Government Railways from part of the body of a DBE guards van and on an under-frame built in 1890 and used as a general guards van. Sold to Don River Railway in 1980s and purchased by Tas. Locomotive Coy. Pty. Ltd. in 1989. Sold to D.V.R.P.S. in 1992.

Type Bogie composite guards van
Builder Tasmanian Governement Railways
Year 1940
DT2

DT2

Built for Tasmanian Government Railways and used on main line and suburban passenger trains. Withdrawn 1978 and sold in 1979 to Mr. Parr and later K. Bailey at Tunnack and used as farm shed. Bogies removed in 1998. Purchased in 1998 by DVR, fitted onto temporary bogies from wagon KKD 7 and stored at New Norfolk.

Type Railcar trailer
Builder ?
Year ?